What is CEFR?
- CEFR is a European languages framework.
The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment, abbreviated as CEFR, is a guideline used to describe achievements of learners of foreign languages across Europe and, increasingly, in other countries. It was put together by the Council of Europe as the main part of the project "Language Learning for European Citizenship" between 1989 and 1996. Its main aim is to provide a method of learning, teaching and assessing which applies to all languages in Europe. In November 2001 a European Union Council Resolution recommended using the CEFR to set up systems of validation of language ability. The six reference levels (see below) are becoming widely accepted as the European standard for grading an individual's language proficiency.
What is DELF/DALF?
- DELF is an official certificate for French language proficiency.
DELF (Diplôme d'Etudes en Langue Française) and DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) are official diplomas or certificates awarded by the French Ministry of Education to certify the competency of candidates from outside France in the French language. These certificates are valid for life. The DELF and DALF are six separate diplomas issued by the French Ministry for National Education to certify French language skills. These diplomas are valid for life. DELF and DALF certificates are developed by the Centre International d’Etudes Pédagogiques (CIEP) and reflect the six levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL). In 2016, the DELF and DALF examinations are available in 173 countries.
2023 DELF Test Dates
Ontario Official Languages Assessment Center (OOLAC) is one of the French Language Assessment Centers authorized by the French Ministry of Education located in the Greater Toronto Area. We currently offer the assessments of DELF Prim and DELF Junior for students from 7 to 18 years old.
Information About DELF Formal Exam:
2023 October Session:
DELF Test Location: 155 Red Maple Rd, Richmond Hill, ON, L4B 4P9 (Langstaff Community Centre)
*Notice: we are offering a delf session in October.
- A2 Junior: October 18th, Wednesday
- B1 Junior: October 17th, Tuesday
- B2 Junior: October 16th, Monday
The school/group registration deadline is October 1st, 2023 and the individual registration deadline is October 6th, 2023.
Please click here for the DELF TEST registration!
1. The DELF test may be canceled due to the lockdown policy in Ontario.
2. Registration for the October 2023 DELF test is now open. But the number of participants we will accept for the October sessions could be subject to changes at any moment depending on the public health measures in effect at the time of the exam. Therefore, until further notice, we will proceed with registrations on a first-come, first-served basis. We strongly encourage you to register now if you have made the decision to write the test in November.
- DELF B1 Prep: Thursday: July 20,27; August 3,10,17,24,31;Sept.7,14,21,28;Oct.5,12; 13 lessons in total; (Tuition fee: $636 in total, Ev@lang DELF level assessment included.)
- DELF B2 Prep: Tuesday: July 11,18,25; August 1,8,15,22,29; Sept.5,12,19,26; 12 lessons in total; (Tuition fee: $636 in total,Ev@lang DELF level assessment included.)
- Click here to join the class!