What is CEFR?
- CEFR is a European languages framework.
The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment, abbreviated as CEFR, is a guideline used to describe achievements of learners of foreign languages across Europe and, increasingly, in other countries. It was put together by the Council of Europe as the main part of the project "Language Learning for European Citizenship" between 1989 and 1996. Its main aim is to provide a method of learning, teaching and assessing which applies to all languages in Europe. In November 2001 a European Union Council Resolution recommended using the CEFR to set up systems of validation of language ability. The six reference levels (see below) are becoming widely accepted as the European standard for grading an individual's language proficiency.
What is DELF/DALF?
- DELF is an official certificate for French language proficiency.
DELF (Diplôme d'Etudes en Langue Française) and DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) are official diploma or certificate awarded by the French Ministry of Education to certify the competency of candidates from outside France in the French language. These certificates are valid for life. The DELF and DALF are six separate diplomas issued by the French Ministry for National Education to certify the French language skills. These diplomas are valid for life. DELF and DALF certificates are developed by the Centre International d’Etudes Pédagogiques (CIEP) and reflect the six levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL). In 2016, the DELF and DALF examinations are available in 173 countries.
2021 DELF Test Dates
Ontario Official Languages Assessment Center (OOLAC) is one of the French Language Assessment Centers authorized by the French Ministry of Education located in the Greater Toronto Area. We currently offer the assessments of DELF Prim and DELF Junior for students from 7 to 18 years old.
2021 June Session:
- B2 Junior: June 7, Monday (Full)
- B1 Junior: June 8, Tuesday
The school/group registration deadline is May 10th, 2021 and the individual registration deadline is May 18th, 2021.
- B2: November 22, Monday
- B1: November 23, Tuesday
- A2: November 24, Wednesday
- A1: November 25, Thursday
Please click here for the DELF TEST registration!
1. The DELF test in May is cancelled due to the lockdown policy in Ontario.
2. The registration of the June 2021 DELF test is now open. But the number of participants we will accept for the June sessions could be subject to changes at any moment depending on the public health measures in effect at the time of the exam. Therefore, until further notice, we will proceed with registrations on a first-come, first-served basis. We strongly encourage you to register now if you have made the decision to write the test in June.