2019 North America French Public Speaking Competition
You are invited!
Organizers and Co-organizers
● North America French Contest committee
● Ontario Official Languages Assessment Centre
Our Judging Panel
● Mr. Jim Sebastian - Education Officer for the Ontario Ministry of Education, Head of the Academic Committee, 40 years of experience as an Educator and Administrator, extensive background in Canadian-based education, worked as a Principal, Superintendent, provincial Chief Private School Inspector and led Ontario Curriculum development and modification.
● Bita Sarabi-Khosravi (To Be Confirmed) - Chief Judge from CAIS Head of the Independent Schools, French Public Speaking Advisor, Mentor to new faculty members and Curriculum Developer Leader in St. Clement’s School (SCS), AP Specialist Teacher, French Language Specialist Teacher in Havergal College (HC), French Lecturer in University of Toronto and York University. IB instructor and AP Official Teacher.
• Students in grades 1-12
• Students at any French language level (different levels and ages group) can participate:
● Saturday, December 14, 2019 from 2pm-4pm
● Langstaff Community Centre (155 Red Maple Road, Richmond Hill, ON.)
Theme: “Je rêve de…”
Duration of the Presentation:
Beginner-level contestants: 1 to 1.5 minutes*
Intermediate/advanced-level contestants: 2 to 2.5 minutes*
*Please note that points will be deducted if the time limit is exceeded.
Contest fee: $100
Certificates and Opportunity:
o Answer 1-2 questions about the content of their speech (in French)
2018 NAFC Photo Gallery
Contest Preparation Courses
Course description: In this course, you will gain the knowledge, tips, and techniques to create an effective speech and deliver it with clarity, effectiveness and confidence. This course also aims to increase the overall ability to capture and maintain the audience’s attention while remaining calm and strong. An ideal course for students who simply want to improve their oral communication skills in Canada’s second official language.
*Offered in English and French.
Courses will include training on:
✓ Audience awareness
✓ Establishing contact
✓ Effective introductions and conclusions
✓ Hooks and clinchers
✓ Structure and style
✓ Adapting to the unexpected
✓ Voice and Volume
Course fee: $45/session
Course time: Saturday, November 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th and December 7th, 2019
- 3-4:30 pm G4-G11
- 4:30-6 pm G1-G3
Course location: Langstaff Community Centre, 155 Red Maple Road, Richmond Hill (Yonge/HW 7)
Please click here for registration!